When most people think about getting ready for summer, they think about getting their bodies ready for bathing suit season but your skin needs some attention, too. You can go to your local spa that gets their stuff from the best professional spa equipment company but there are some things you can also do at home to make sure your skin is ready for the new summer season to start.
- Exfoliate to get to the glow. When you take the time to exfoliate your skin on a regular basis, it will look younger and healthier. Exfoliating on a schedule will help keep your skin smooth as well. You can also have this done at the local spa. The local spa uses a esthetician equipment company to have the right tools to perform a deeper exfoliation that is still safe and will not damage your skin. At home, you can use scrubs and rotating brushes or at home dermabrasion systems to keep your skin looking clean, clear and smooth for summer.
- Consider going to the spa for a chemical peel. If you have not been exfoliating as you think you should, you can schedule a chemical peel at your local spa. They often use products with salicylic acid, glocolic acid or polyhydroxy acid. They also include vitamin C. They can also recommend products that you can use at home.
- Get rid of your unwanted hair safely. Of course, the end of sweater season means a lot more of your skin is going to be shown. For many people, that means a return to hair removal techniques. There are a lot of methods to get the look you want. Regardless of the method you are going to try, you will have a better experience and a better outcome if you keep the area away from the sun for between one and two days before you remove the hair. If you are going to wax, use a product to help your skin after the waxing. There are a number of creams that are great for this.
- Work on your feet. In the same way that much of your skin was hidden from the light of day during the winter, your feet have probably been all bundled up and protected from the cold weather of the winter. When you are ready to show them off in sandals, you are going to want to do some prep work first. This is the perfect reason to head over to the spa for a pedicure. When they get the right tools from the spa equipment company, they can really help get your feet in the best condition to be seen in those sandals. Another thing you can do to keep your feet in the right shape is condition them at home once a week. Take some foot cream and apply it to yours, cover with a plastic wrap and leave on overnight. You may want to wear socks. This will keep your feet looking great between pedicures.
- Eat the right foods. By now, you should know the importance of using a sunscreen with a high SPF and to reapply it when you are out in the sun but that is not the only thing you can do to protect your skin from the sun. It may come as a surprise to learn that there is more that you can do besides going to a salon that works with the best spa equipment company. What goes inside your body can do as much as what goes on it. Up your intake of antioxidants can work to ward off the damage that can be done by the UB rays from the sun. Lycopene is a great substance to help your skin (and your eyes). One way to help your skin is to up your intake of tomatoes, which are loaded with lycopene. You can get them in tomato sauce, salsa or tomato juice. This is one way that Bloody Mary may actually be good for you.
The local spa does get their tools from a great spa equipment company and they can help you get your skin in the best shape for the summer.